Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2008

Kitset Harp & quilting



Well, you live and learn. The tuning pin holes were the right size, and didn’t need redrilling. I’ve had to stuff all the holes with raffia and flax so the strings don’t unwind as you watch them. The harp is all strung now, and I’ve even played some music on it. I still have to re-stuff the low C and D holes, and perhaps a couple more, but basically it’s done.
It has a completely different sound to the hire harp, which is about 1 year old. I think as the strings stretch and the timber settles, the tone will mellow, but I can see I’m going to get REALLY, REALLY good at tuning it.
Quilting: OMG I’ve actually done some quilting. I made up the Brother club BOM, done some more work on the Mermaid, and looked at the Challenge bag. The BOM colours are not my favourites – except the blue.
Waitakere Dam: I took the dogs (Tara, Kama and Mac – Wendy’s Schnauzer) up to the Waitakere Dam on Sunday. The dam is overflowing the spillway, and the waterfall is coming out at least 2 metres from the rock wall. So much water! And it was raining, and raining, and raining. We all got totally soaked. But it was nice to get out into the fresh air, with no other people around. Didn't take the camera - too bloody wet.


No comments: