Pages

Sunday 20 September 2009

Why A Dancing Chicken?

Well, why not? Pak n Save sells 2 for $13, with the most disgusting mush inside them that has ever been given the title "stuffing". So, I get to put my hand up the back end of the chook, pull out the mush, and put in lovely, fragrant garlic, onion and herb stuffing. But then of course there's the temptation to make said chicken do things it was never intended for - and it's much easier to stuff chooky if it's sitting firmly on it's head, with it's butt in the air. And of course, the addition of a metal spike to hold the stuffing in is obligatory.




Another fortnight has raced past. This week began with two separate migraine attacks. Monday, a “classic”, with burr-holes at the right temple and behind the right ear, held together by a tight band, throbbing away merrily. Tuesday, Migraine with Aura. Pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny lights. Two days of photophobia, nausea, grinding tiredness, lack of spatial ability. Took Wednesday off and went to the doctor, who confirmed my self-diagnosis, and gave me more Imigran – hooray! The stresses that caused the migraines have now come to a head, (lol, quite literally), on Monday, so hopefully no more for another 12-18 months. The last attack was early 2008, according to the doc.

The weekend has seen Becca’s headcold take over. Ugh. Tired, achy, sore throat, no voice, brains at half-mast.

Fun Stuff:
Thursday: I bought a packet of Space Wolf Blood Claws figures from Vagabond’s in Takapuna. Couldn’t get any Scouts. Wade at Vagabond’s was quite happy to talk to me, unlike the guys at GW, who don’t see the point talking to a WOMAN – even if she’s the one asking the questions. When I buy some more (like the new Space Wolf pack and a Codex) it will almost certainly be from there. Unless the stock from WarhammerMan on Trademe stays at $38 for the Codex, and $50 for the figures – but he’s put them up as an auction, not a Buynow.

I don’t think I have enough brain-power to actually do much with what I’ve bought – maybe cut them off the sprue’s, and glue some bits together.

FRIDAY: Becca went to the school disco with her friend Noor on Friday night, and agreed that it might be a good idea to dress up. But what’s a boy-girl to wear? Well, scary tho it sounds, mum’s jeans, knickers & t-shirt all fitted – and looked good. And she was pleased she dressed up.



Got accepted into Bryan Gibson’s (graphic artist of a lot of Traveller books) Terran Praesidium IRC game. Rolled a character, and wrote up a background for Kerangi Ataahua. Sent him and Matt the documents, including the Spica Publications’ “Careers Book 2” Companion pages, which some of her background comes from. Of course, a rewrite is required (about 30%) to make the background fit his universe, which is not surprising – a work of my imagination will need those changes made to fit his work of imagination.

SATURDAY: David and I took the dogs for a walk in Henderson Park, and got a photo of the amazing macrocarpa stump. I want to see if I can turn it into a fabric art piece. Even though I was feeling far from well, it was a nice walk. Talked about maybe going for a paddle on Sunday ...



Spinward Traveller on IRC. Dancing at the Harrington, jeep chases, and shooting baddies out of trees and off roof-tops! Lots and lots of fun!

Pirate Party. Spent quality time while role-playing doing repairs to a lovely lacy shirt for David. Buttons, hooks and eyes, button loops. Wore my wench dress with a red bustier underneath, and a Turkish Entari (long sleeved coat) on top. There were pirate games. Had a sword fight with the other “wench” – aim was to hit the parrot held on an outstretched hand, while blind-folded. I WON I WON I WON! Other games included bad pirate puns, jokes, and saying Arrrrrrr till you ran out of breath. We stayed a lot later than I expected, but eventually the cold won out, and we were home about 2330.



SUNDAY: Hmmm – not much fun – more like the living dead. Must have been breathing thru my mouth during the night. My voice is a bad joke – well, maybe a bad croak. Yes, very funny. Did a shunt, picked up paper rubbish the wind has blown in from rubbish day on Thursday. Drilled holes in an Activac case that came with a broken hinge. More challenging than the big Infovac case I successfully repaired last weekend. So, no. Not fixed. But, 2 catches, and I can still use the base, for the next lid that gets broken. Got David to cut a piece of threaded rod to length, so now I can cut the other three pieces to length too. Putting a slightly larger nut on the end, then cutting, certainly makes a difference to being able to thread the proper nut on.

It’s 1400. What am I gonna do now? Post this. I type it in word, then copy/paste across – but sometimes blogspot doesn’t like the formatting, so I have to copy it to word, save as txt, copy and paste ... Put the photos up. See if I can get the damn things where I want them.
Finish off some t-shirts I’m taking from a size 16 down to size 12. Look at Space Wolf figures. Read some of Bryan Gibson’s Terran Praesidium. Walk the dogs. Have a nap. OMG - and then it's bedtime!

No comments: