Pages

Saturday 25 June 2011

I haz buzzy brain!!!

Just finished the other book I got from the library on Friday night. "Encaustic Art: the complete guide to creating fine art with wax. Lots more cool information, some amazing pictures.

I melted, strained and combined my three lots of beeswax tonight on the stove - 2 lots that came from *my* grandfather's workshop, 1 black-brown, the other dark brown, plus the lovely yellow wax (that's smells all honey-ish) from Paihia when we had our holiday there at the beginning of the year.

I've made a list of photo's I have that I'd like to turn into encaustic pieces, and pages from this second book I want to copy, coz the ideas are great.

Hopefully this will be our last night under candlelight; tomorrow, our friend comes round, and we will have lights again - please please please ...

No comments: