Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Day 2 - No drugs, no headache

Wow - this was quick - they only did it yesterday! Blood test results:
 
14/02/20124/10/201222/07/201330/09/2013Reference Range
Renal Function (eGFR)62677965greater than 90
Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR)2.52.11.1less than 1.0less than 90
HbA1C75616555less than 41
Cholesterol/HDL Ratio-3.944.6less than 4.5
Cholesterol-3.554.7less than 5.0
Triglycerides-2.72.21.7less than 2.0
HDL-0.91.241.01greater than 1.0
LDL-1.42.82.9less than 3.4

So what does this mean? Well, it means I'm eating really well - I'm aiming for a maximum of 50g of carbohydrates per day, which is reflected in the triglyceride numbers, and the overall HbA1C. I'm not at all worried about the Cholesterol numbers - women in general, and those heading into menopause, need more cholesterol in their bloodstream. Kidney function (eGFR) is normal, with no signs of damage!

Last night I had 1 date (as in a piece of fruit, date). Yep, 1 single date. After dinner result was 10.5! But down to 8.4 in the morning. Haven't been as hungry today, so I'm hoping I'll be sitting at 5ish when I get home.

No diarrhea either. Yay.

So, what am I eating?

Breakfast was a handful of shrimpies cooked in a teaspoon of butter and a dash of iodised salt.

Lunch on Monday: a little bit of roast pork (maybe 50g?), roast pumpkin (maybe 100g?), leftover gravy, and a mandarin. Today was a handful of shrimpies with pumpkin and gravy, plus a mandarin and some grapes.

Dinner last night was a porkchop (rind and all), silverbeet and spinach and carrots. Dinner tonight is roast chicken piece with roasted pumpkin, kumara and carrots.

According to Fitday: I've eaten about 747 calories, 29g fat, 71g carbs, 58g protein.
According to MyFitnessPal: 1000 calories; 40g fat, 71g carbs, 104g protein.

The main thing I see in this is that I've eaten too many carbs - the kumara made the difference.

There were also a couple of cups of 'not-coffee' - dandelion and chicory root with a dollop of lactose free milk or coconut cream, and a dob of butter.

Blood sugars: am 8.4: before dinner 6.3: 1.5 hours after dinner:

I need to eat more green veges, but prices are silly at the moment - zucchini has gone up to $16kg, a tiny cauli is $5. There aren't many other veges I can eat without getting sick. Eww - I know, I could eat some of that disgusting green grass stuff I bought a jar of - blech.

Oh, and remember that 4kg I'd put in a safe place - well, unfortunately I managed to find some of it - back to 72kg :(

I still have to get round to filling in my voting papers. Darn - left them at work.

Hair cut and colour tonight - the colour is fantastic!

No comments: